Are you signed up for January 14th? I am. The info from our new Habitat Contact, Jessica Schulte, says "We have you on the schedule in January for the 14th. Framing work at 4601 W. Pat Street." I contacted her and thre will be INTERIOR framing and insulation in an enclosed heated house. Please drop"> me a note when you get signed up. We had a great crew for interior painting in December and I look forward to the January work day.
Please Note: All volunteers need to register and sign-up for a shift(s) on the Volunteer Matrix System. (PLEASE NOTE: If you have registered as a volunteer previously in our system, please skip to step 7.) Your Group’s Access Code is: FIRSTUMETHO.
How to register to volunteer:
- Visit our website: https://siouxfallshabitat.volunteermatrix.com/
- Click Volunteer
- Click Construction
- You will be taken to our volunteer construction calendar which shows the various volunteer shifts that are available.
- Click New Volunteer Registration located at the top of the calendar.
- Fill in your information (PLEASE SKIP THE QUESTION “VOLUNTEERING WITH A GROUP”), Please also complete the Orientation information and Skills and Interests survey if possible.
- Once you have finished the registration, you will be able to go back into the construction calendar and sign up for a shift. The calendar will show your project address as a “private shift” until the Access Code is entered.
- Click on the Access Code button which is located at the top of the calendar and enter the code. You are registering yourself. Your Access Code is: FIRSTUMETHO.
- Click on the shift box you want and click the Sign Up button.
- At this point, you will be asked to accept the Release and Waiver of Liability and Crew Safety Manual documents as required by Habitat for Humanity (if a new volunteer or if your documents have expired). A link is provided for those who wish to read the documents.
- To electronically accept these documents, click the check box and OK (the pink screen will turn to green). No need to print out the form regardless of what the email you may receive may tell you unless you would like your own copies.
- Click the “return to calendar” button to see the date you’ve chosen on the calendar is green.
- .Click the “log out” button.
Your acceptance date will be tracked and documents are in force for a full year.
.If the shift fills to capacity, it will either show as full or not be visible on the calendar at all.
Remember, self scheduling shuts down at midnight preceding the event. If needed, a cancellation notice will be sent out via email to all those who signed up online.