The following are the steps necessary to for the 1st United Methodist group to get set up for their shift on Saturday, Oct. 8thwith the shift running from 8:30-11:30 AM. The property address is 4201 W. Pat Street, Sioux Falls, SD. In our volunteer management system, Volunteer matrix (VM), I have reserved the date and location for your group as a private shift which is not available to the general public. The shift crew size is has been set for 8 people. That will be the maximum number that will be able to sign up unless you contact me. In that case I will ask the construction manager if I can increase that number for you. The task for the day is anticipated to be foundation work. Please remind your team to wear clothing and shoes appropriate for the weather and for building, bring gloves if they can, and we ask they bring their own water. Also parking is limited so carpooling is always encouraged when possible.
Please Note: All volunteers need to register and sign-up for a shift(s) on the Volunteer Matrix System. (PLEASE NOTE: If you have registered as a volunteer previously in our system, please skip to step 7.) Your Group’s Access Code is: FIRSTUMETHO.
How to register to volunteer:
- Visit our website: SiouxFallsHabitat.org
- Click Volunteer
- Click Construction
- You will be taken to our volunteer construction calendar which shows the various volunteer shifts that are available.
- Click New Volunteer Registration located at the top of the calendar.
- Fill in your information (PLEASE SKIP THE QUESTION “VOLUNTEERING WITH A GROUP”), Please also complete the Orientation information and Skills and Interests survey if possible.
- Once you have finished the registration, you will be able to go back into the construction calendar and sign up for a shift. The calendar will show your project address as a “private shift” until the Access Code is entered.
- Click on the Access Code button which is located at the top of the calendar and enter the code. You are registering yourself. Your Access Code is: FIRSTUMETHO.
- Click on the shift box you want and click the Sign Up button.
- At this point, you will be asked to accept the Release and Waiver of Liability and Crew Safety Manual documents as required by Habitat for Humanity (if a new volunteer or if your documents have expired). A link is provided for those who wish to read the documents.
- To electronically accept these documents, click the check box and OK (the pink screen will turn to green). No need to print out the form regardless of what the email you may receive may tell you unless you would like your own copies.
- Click the “return to calendar” button to see the date you’ve chosen on the calendar is green.
- Click the “log out” button.
- Your acceptance date will be tracked and documents are in force for a full year.
- If the shift fills to capacity, it will either show as full or not be visible on the calendar at all.
- If there are no open shifts, contact our volunteer coordinator, Leanne Williams for additional options. 605-274-6292 or Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can remove yourself from the schedule by logging in, entering the access code, clicking on the “sign up” button and click the “cancel” button (lower left in window).
Following these steps will complete the procedure to register and sign up for shifts. Please pass this information and access code to those in your group so they may register and sign up for shifts. I can send you an updated list of who from your group has signed up online upon an emailed request.
Remember, self scheduling shuts down at midnight preceding the event. If needed, a cancellation notice will be sent out via email to all those who signed up online. For any questions regarding the status of the build that day, please call our construction manager, Paul Johnson, on his cell at 940-2340. You can then notify your group members.